Lps id? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erikk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! New here :D

Does anyone happen to know this coral? Was told it was a bubble coral from LFS.. Any care tips? Thank you !

Attachments

• image-536279055.jpg
    image-536279055.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 163
From what I can tell it looks like a bleached bubble coral.

Thanks for the input everyone. It's a surprise you all have said its bleached. I thought the same and even came back and asked their "reef expert" and he said its definitely not bleached. Any chance these can be white?

Bubble corals can come white. I'm not convinced it's a bubble coral though. The skeleton is flat and a square piece was fragged from the parent colony and then glued to a plug. If it was a bubble coral you would have to cut more skeleton than what was cut here, since the flesh goes deeper than a 1/2" or so. Can you take a few more pictures?

Sure! Here ya go:

Attachments

• image-2045972243.jpg
    image-2045972243.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 112
I forgot to add that before it became "inflated" there were a few mouth looking things. Not sure if that helps.

Cheers!

Not according to your pictures. see the skeletons under these corals in the LA picture? they are considerable. The corals would soon die if you sawed off all but a 1/4" of that skeleton.

Update: I was moving a new coral around this morning (and also avoiding my territorial clownfish ) and the coral in question kind of expanded. Maybe this picture could help more! Could this have been agitation from the flow being messed up?usualy is just shrinks to its skeleton.. Thanks!

Erikk

Attachments

• image-2189269904.jpg
    image-2189269904.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom