Maroon clown and black clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best hardy coral for my clowns. I would say a good flow through tank right now. T5 lighting

You wouldn't really want a coral for clowns, they could rub against it so much that it would kill it. You usually see clowns hosted by anemones, the usual favorite is bubble tips. I wouldn't recommend one unless you are running a 6 bulb t5ho and tank has been running for 6 months. They don't do well with parameters that fluctuate.

I would like to point out that it is safe to house clownfish with corals. In a tank without an anemone, they will look for other inverts to fill the empty void. As long as the coral is healthy and shows no signs of stress, your golden.

Clowns will host anything, from a rock to an anemone. lol

Mine hosted my elegance coral. It was great at first but eventually they almost killed it. i had to give away a $60 coral to save it. They tend to like flowy corals like LPS. Torches, hammers, leathers, elegances, mushrooms that are fluffy. You name it they might host it.

I have a marron and a black and white together. I have a toadstool leather coral and a bubble tip and the BW one would rather host the top left side in the rear of the tank. They do what they want sometimes

I have a true perc and a ORA Moca. They host my welso brain and Scoly even with two rose tip bubble tips in the tank. The corals haven't shown any stress either.

Added a bubble tip last night. Waiting on the clowns to make a move!! Lol the bubble tip is spectacular!!

I have two clowns and one is hosting my bubble tip. Now the other guy is alone. Should I get another clown to keep him company?

Back
Top Bottom