maybe some sort of coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
like i said in my other post, i just got some new rock for my tank, and i have this purple color stuff on it. it's really neat looking, but if it's coral, i know it won't live because i don't have the right light set up. also, i found this clam looking thing. i think he's neat looking too, but what's really neat is that i have one of the same things on a different rock of mine that i had already. anyways, just wanted to know what kind of clam they are, and also what the neat purple stuff is? thanks for the help.

Is that "clam" the white sheel? What is the shape of it? Round, oval? Does it open and close, or does it have a soft underbelly?

it does open and close. and the other one (that i don't have a pic of) looks like it has some kind of teeth or something in between it when it is opened. it looks like a clam shell that you would find on the beach or something. it is more round than oval, and it stays in the same spot all the time.

It looks thin for a clam...maybe some species of scallop....? Any better pics?

sorry, actually the next day, the one that i have a pic of disappeared somewhere. don't know where it is, and the other one is in a funny place. if i can get a better pic, i will post it and ask for more help.

Back
Top Bottom