Microscope Images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplereefer20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI AA! I haven't posted in a long time and have lost my account info so I decided to make a new account to get started again(old account name: marty20... or something like that ha!) I have been seeing these tiny critters on the glass of my reef tank every morning for a while now and have given up tying to take good pictures of them with my phone so I finally decided to bring them in to work and take some pictures with the microscope... anyone have an idea as to what they are? im thinking tiny/baby snails but that's just a guess. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• untitled003.jpg
    untitled003.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 100
  • untitled000-0.jpg
    untitled000-0.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 90
  • untitled001-1.jpg
    untitled001-1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 86
The photos are pretty dark. I dont know what they are, im interested to see what they are though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

HI AA! I haven't posted in a long time and have lost my account info so I decided to make a new account to get started again(old account name: marty20... or something like that ha!) I have been seeing these tiny critters on the glass of my reef tank every morning for a while now and have given up tying to take good pictures of them with my phone so I finally decided to bring them in to work and take some pictures with the microscope... anyone have an idea as to what they are? im thinking tiny/baby snails but that's just a guess. Thanks in advance!

Leech or limpets? http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Tank_critters2.shtml

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have looked further into it, I believe they are chitons based of other pictures I have found. The Black background was chosen to try and help show the edge of it so the definition wouldn't be lost with white

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom