Mojano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrongBad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have noticed a couple of small dime sized mojano in my tank. How harmful are they? Could they eat a goby. I ask because I cant figure out what happened to my mated pair of Twin Spots. One disappeared and then the other a couple days later. No remains (not surprising with my cleanup crew) and didnt jump out. I havent seen any signs of a mantis shrimp and inspected all my rock for any prior to placing it in the tank. The only other thing I have seen is a reddish looking worm centipede thing that I can only assume is a bristle worm. Dang I loved those gobies.

gobies have a way of hiding very effectively. Also do you have a top? I know that some gobies are jumpers. These anenomies wouldn't be able to eat it, the reason they are pests is because they spread very quickly.

I agree. I don't think the anemones are your culprits. My guess is they have died, for whatever reason, and been cleaned up.

StrongBad said:
and didnt jump out.
I say didnt jump out because there isnt much on the ground around my tank and I did a search of several feet.

I moved all the rock around checking every possible crevice for them. They were very active in the tank and never hid for more than a night at a time. Now it has been several days.

I had some of those in my tank. They spread pretty quickly. They didn't bother me until one nuzzled up against a Candy Cane coral and started irritating it. I nuked them with some Joe's Juice... worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom