monster in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was recently cleaning my tank and I lifted a big piece of liverock and underneath it was a creature that looks like a millipede which quickly ducked under the crushed coral and I havent seen it since. Then again, I havent lifted that rock up since then. Any idea what it might be. I will try to get a pic up, but am afraid of lifting the rock back up, call me a woos!!

umm.. did you say milipede.. how thick was it.. its either a bristle worm or worse... much worse.. a mantis shrimp 8O

it looked like it was about 2-3 inches long, white-ish with a LOTTA legs. I only had a glimpse of it b4 it dissapeard into the abyss (under the CC) but it was w e i r d lookin...i just saw some pics of bristles and it didnt look like that....hmmm.

Here is a pic of my Monster Bristle worm.. I found this while moving some LR around.. I have since found another but have not been able to get him.. He wass about 14-18" long and about 1/2" thick.. I gave him away to the person that got my mantis shrimp..

Enjoy..
James

Interesting, I do have a trigger in there, and I have not seen the bristleworm, if that is what it is, since I last moved the rock around. Oh well...I guess it's a natural thing for them to develop in the tank...

Back
Top Bottom