My 2 new corals ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

datto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, these are my newest two corals. they were sold to me by my local fish store as a plate coral ( pic one ) and as a soft tree coral ( pic two ), just wanted to know if anyone knows there correct names so i can search the web for care sheets. also scientific name would be great.

regards datto.

Attachments

• mvc-003s_186.jpg
    mvc-003s_186.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 162
  • mvc-007s_119.jpg
    mvc-007s_119.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 102
I'm not sure but picture 1 looks like an octopus leather. Picture 2 looks like a big anemone, which is not a coral but I'm probally wrong on that one.

great links by fluff. If you look at the base of the second pick you can see the skeletal structure. LPS coral is correct.

You should move the LT plate from it's current location. Placing on hard surfaces or "ledges" is not a good idea. They are quite capable of moving on their own and will topple over. They also do not like abbrassive surfaces as they can cause necrosis.

The best place for this coral is on the substrate away from rock and nearby corals.

Cheers
Steve

well so it does.. dont know how i didnt see that third link. must have been late at night.. oh well thanks heaps.

Back
Top Bottom