My first critter on LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If could get my digital camera to stop focusing on the glass, I could maybe get a pic, but I'll try a description in the hope that it's an easy id:

It's stuck to the LR, is smaller than a dime, and resembles either the big end of a tuba (with an opening down the middle) or the speaker on of one of those old-time wind-up record players (remember the RCA dog?) It's blue/purple in color and shrinks up at night - it also shrivelled up when I first put the rock in the water.

If you are more the flower type, picture a very small blue/purple petunia blossom. Can someone POINT me in the direction? Ring any bells?

Ai paesani: sembra un pezzo della pasta asciutta che si chiama "campanelle".

The tuba makes me think of a feather duster. I have a red one like what you are describing. It shrinks back into the tube so I'm not sure if that's what you mean by shrinks up.

It has no "feathers", though. Here's a pic attempt.

Attachments

• huh_309.jpg
    huh_309.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 46
  • huh_158.jpg
    huh_158.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 138
I agree, it looks like a shroom. I had something totally different pictured in my head. LOL

I'll keep it, as long as I don't kill it. I have NO idea what to do with it - I'll just make sure it's getting enough light, I guess.

Time for more research ....

... it was an unexpected plus finding something alive and interesting on this rock , other than the coralline algae, which is actually quite nice, too.

Thanks, everybody!! :)

Back
Top Bottom