My water in my reef is turning a cloudy green does anyone know why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had this happen in a FW tank and it was an algae bloom I think. I treated it with an algae removing chemical but it was not to be used with invertebrates sadly :/

If it is an algae bloom you'll want to cut back on feeding and light depending what's in your tank, and a water change probably won't hurt.

Make sure to use ro/di water and make sure there isn't excessive nutrients in the water from excess feeding, make a water change of 25% and use the lights as little as you can and keep doing smaller changes until it is fixed. Also make sure that your filters are up to date

I have a protein skimmer and a hob filter only 1 clown 3 chromies in a 75 gallon and a condy

A uv sterilizer would help too, but it kills anything that floats threw it

I cleared it up turned off the lights and covered the tank for two day it's gone

Ya they will do that, I used to turn it on for 1-2 hours a week just to "polish" the water

staticmap

I cleared the green water uv sterlizer did wonders in 3 days water crystal clear.

Road trip!! J/K, unless this is a map to a secret FREE lfs where tanks come in sizes 500 gallons and up and all fish are compatible!

Back
Top Bottom