mysterious pest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mine.Mine.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone
I have noticed this in my live rock and have realized they have invaded my 55g. Anyone have a clue? They stretch out their stringy arms (?) Searching for food. If I squirt water on them they retreat into their hole.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120913_140716.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120913_140716.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20120913_140729.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120913_140729.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20120913_140739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120913_140739.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 77
Wow! Never seen that before. I'm tagging along for the answer. Sorry I couldn't help. The only thing that came to mind was spaghetti worm o maybe just die of. Honestly I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
tagging along on this too since i have these in my tank and was wondering the same thing. Yesterday i say that one of them had nailed and grabbed a small hermit crab. It pulled the crab into its hole so it's obviously something that needs to eat...

Edit: it was a hermit crab molt not the actual crab

Last edited:
It looks like a spaghetti worm to me. The body is down inside of the rock and the exposed bits are its tentacles. Most of them that I have live in the sand as opposed to the rock, but there are some there as well.

Yep. A speghetti worm. I looked it up and it matches. Apparently their abundance in numbers can signal I am over feeding the fishies.

Awesome. Thanks for info. This has answered a question I've had for a little while but never asked.

Mine.mine I apologize if it seems I have taken over your thread. I didn't mean too.

skywhitney said:
Awesome. Thanks for info. This has answered a question I've had for a little while but never asked.

Mine.mine I apologize if it seems I have taken over your thread. I didn't mean too.

O don't worry about it! I didnt even think that, plus you were asking legit questions..now had you started rambling about the pros and cons of a deep sand bed, I would suggested a new thread for you :) (which, by the way, to me, deep sand beds are bomb)

I guess I will use them to gauge my overfeeding in the tank-

Back
Top Bottom