Mystery anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aneata

Aquarium Advice Regular
This little guy came as a hitch hiker with my LR. It used to be super tiny and solid white but I read that anemones bleach when stressed and this guy survived my whole cycle.

I hadn't seen it in over a month and then bam! Front and center. Seems to have doubled in size. Almost an inch tall when fully extended but usually stands about half an inch. Also started to turn a little bit pink or maybe peachy? I'm not so great describing colors.

This is not the dreaded aptasia I keep reading about is it? I hope not! I would love to know what he is so I can look after it properly.

Also is it normal for nems to move so much?

image-361627168.jpg

image-2403382677.jpg

I have no idea what that is but it's beautiful! and its definitely not aptasia haha

Looks like a rock anemone. They come in many colors. It is likely to shuffle around until it find a place that suits it.

I hope so too. They are pretty cool, and if it does well in your tank it may reward you with babies. They have some unique reproductive habits.

Back
Top Bottom