Mystery clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feeshna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Sixth months ago I purchased two clownfish from my LFS. They were sold as "nano ocellaris" clowns. They were under an inch long, but proportionate to any normal clown, so I figured they were just immature specimens. Sixth months later they are about an inch and a half each and seem to be almost done growing. They eat normally, behave normally, and still look like normal ocellaris clowns, only smaller. As well as this, as they have aged, the coloring had darkened, particularly around the borders of the stripes. When I search for any reference to "nano ocellaris clowns" online, all I find are stubby clowns, which look nothing like what I have. Any ideas what they are? I haven't seen anything like them.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432846464.964792.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432846488.368506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I thought at first, but the sizing is sill pretty odd.

took my clowns about 3 years to grow there yellow banded maroon clowns the female is around 6 inch round the male is only about 3/4 inch big
different variety's of clowns grow to different sizes
this is my 2 the pict is about 2 years old the smaller 1 is still that size the bigger 1 grew to 6 inches now
img_3228262_0_fe9f2984b6c89105b7c38174c7e003d4.jpg

Thanks. My tank is 40 gallons, so they shouldn't be stunted.

Back
Top Bottom