Name That Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddy-o

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is this anemone? And any advice in caring for it?

Hit wrong button. See pic...

Attachments

• image-3567650591.jpg
    image-3567650591.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 202
Daddy-o said:
Hit wrong button. See pic...

Rose Bubble tip Anemone.
It needs high lighting.
Pristine tank conditions
A stable tank/ Tank must be 6+ months old
Feeding once a week helps :) Grows fairly large so a tank over 30g is sufficient.

If this requires a lot of light, will it move to an area to find the light or just suffer in low light area?

It will move to the area but he means ALOT of light. What lighting do you have? And what size tank?

I have a 90g with 2 AI Sol's. If you can tell from the attached photo, he is nestled in the back left hand side.

Lights are running at about 65% for 8hrs/day.

Attachments

• image-987393051.jpg
    image-987393051.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 146
Next question -- how do the anemone's grow? Does everything on them grow in proportion or does just the "body/foot" grow and the tentacles stay the same or vice versa?

Really nice Nem, Daddy-o. It will grow proportionately, it will look the same, just larger. Also, when it's happy, the tips will get bulbous.
Best of luck with it!

Where do these smaller anemone's come from? The one's I see while diving are much larger. Do these naturally split or can they be fragged?

I think a lot of the ones we see in the trade now are manually fragged, thus their small size.
They will split on their own, but can also be split. If you cut it straight through the mouth with a razor blade, within a day or two, it's 2 anemones.
If a shop has 1 large BTA, usually for around $80, and they can make it 4 small ones in a few weeks, still for $80 apiece, it's a no-brainer. I think that's why the majority that we see are small. Also, it's harder to find a home (buyer), for a larger Nem. The purchaser has to have a larger tank, and I believe most of the tanks out their are 55g or under.
Really nice Nem you've got there!

Thanks for all your input. Really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom