need a coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
img_1492123_0_fb6835687727da4a7dcce22efa71243f.jpg

img_1492123_1_5e3571a4927dfffb2919d6cd2bc4c148.jpg

Thanks in advance

Oh awsome thanks. Is 78 watts of HO T5 and 96 watts of pc enough? In september ill be going 156 watts of HO T5

I think that that lighting would be enough, although it may turn brown so it can try to get as much light as possible. I would put it high up in the tank.

Looks to me like a birdsnest coral with the white skeleton attached to the frag plug just my opinion!

Well it is real similar to bird nest. Hate to disagree with mel. But he may be right. Kind of hard to tell.

Pretty sure it's not a birds nest as they taper off to a much narrower point at the end.

Any opinions on the lighting question? Yea I know I'm the one asking for the I'd but I didn't think it was birdsnest either.

Yes, you're good as long as it's high in the tank. I have an acropora under power compacts that's doing great. It's grown a lot in only a month.

I have mine near the top but I also have VHO lighting. Your T5 HO lighting is a bit more intense. You`ll be OK with them in the top half of the tank. BTW I`m pretty sure it`s what I said it was.

Back
Top Bottom