need help on this thing!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyawgyi1968

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Dear all,
I got an animal from local fisherman last night. I don't know what it is?? Can somebody please indentify and should i keep it or not??. If it is a sea apple, i am afraid to loose my fishes.:confused:
Thanks

Attachments

• PICT0027s.jpg
    PICT0027s.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 52
Dunno. Kinda looks like an overgrown nudibranch. It also does look like something that if it dies in your tank, you could have big problems. Just guessing.

Does it move around like a nudi? You may also have trouble feeding it I'm guessing.

I would remove it to avoid the toxic ans that it will release if it startled or Dies as Austinsdad says it looks like a huge Nudibranch and it can be bad news sometimes....

Kind of looks like a horse apple on one side...better do what austindad and tank said...get it in a tank by itself or get rid of it...definite trouble.

Perhaps you could take it to your LFS? Either for ID purposes, or maybe they can house it so someone more equipped (read: someone whose tank won't be harmed) to house it. Good luck!

My best guess would be Hexabranchus sanguineus. I'm going to move this to the ID section.
Like most nudis, this one probably has a specific diet. This one may only eat orange/red sponges. You may want to free this animal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom