NEED HELP QUICK!!!!! LEVELS ARE CRAZY!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few days ago I posted a topic "What is going on in my tank?" Heres the link: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=72468

I just checked my levels and they are crazy!!! What do I do?

Nitrate is at 160+

Nitrite is at .25ppm

Amonia is at .50ppm

High Range Ph is at 7.8

I just added Aquasafe and Prime

As I said in my first post, I am new to this and I do not know what to do. All was going really good until I changed my water a few weeks ago. The levels were all good before that, it was just a little cloudy in my tank.
My salt is OK, right where it should be.

And as for the fuzzy things, they are greyish in color. If you dont know what I'm talking about, please look at my last post.

Thank you,

Tommy

Mix up as much saltwater as you can, and do a big water change. Salt water should sit for 24 hours before it is used, so mix up as much extra as you can for your next water change too.

Did you find out how to change your filter?

Did your live rock have any sponges on it? Perhaps when you did your large water change they were exposed to air, and died? The only other thing I can think of that would be triggered by a large water change, is if A) there is something bad in your tap water or B) your salt concentration was not the same between your old water and new water.

or the temp was different, the ph was different, the salt was not mixed and aerated well enough...any number of things could have happened with the last water change that would have created issues. Either way, the thing to do now is SUBSTANTIAL water changes. Replace any floss or carbon in the filters, but do not touch the ceramic or whatever type of media you have in there.

Back
Top Bottom