Need id on parasite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rpbustillo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found a parasite on one of my seahorses, it's real hard to take a picture of. I found a picture online that resembled the parasite. Thanks for your help!

Update on the parasites, I have had them in a container of RO water and they are still definitely alive!

From what I've found is that they look like dolops sp. but it is a freshwater parasite?!?! How is that possible?

Ok so sea lice, has anyone ever dealt with these before? I need advice in how to get rid of them.

did you click on the picture you found on google? I'm sure there's information there, right?

Yes but the problem is that 90% of the information I found was only on freshwater species. I did find an article though that says the most effective way to remove them is manually with a turkey baster or tweezers (when on fish) and to use a bait trap at night.

Manual removal would be the way to go. Seahorses can't tolerate most external parasite dips. They look like they'd be itchy.

Freshwater dips are good for seahorses, but these parasites have been living in RO water for over 2 hrs!

Back
Top Bottom