Need ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
These came with the rock and I have no Idea what they are??? ohh and if you look real close you will see one of my new aquires...

Fluff said:
They look like button polyps and do I see a emerald crab hiding in the rock?

Button polyps??? hmmm,what ever they are they are very sensitive to changes in water conditions... Good eye, yes that is one of four Emerald crabs that came with a cleanup crew I purchased.

Well, maybe button polyps or some type of Zoanthus sp. They are pretty hardy as corals go, and will adjust to most lighting setups.

and the little green sprout to the left of the polyp appears to be some type of macro algae

Hara said:
and the little green sprout to the left of the polyp appears to be some type of macro algae

That also came with the rock, I also have these flourecsencent green tiny stalks coming up that I dont know what they are...This is the best pic I can get...

Bearfan said:
I thought I saw bubble algae just to the left of the zoos.

Thats what it looks like...little bubbles,is that what its called and is the caterpillar weed bad or ok? And one of those polyps got a hold of a piece of flake food and closed on it and in about 20 minutes( watch the whole time) it devoured it...no joke... are they suppose to? I thought stuff like that ate plankton...

The bubbles that Hara pointed out may be some type of caulerpa as well. The caterpillar weed is harmless but normally doesn't do to well. It needs a good bit of calcium to grow. As for your polyps, I've never seen my zoos do that but my yellow polyps do so I suppose it's not impossible. They also get nutrition from your lights.

Back
Top Bottom