Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Need ID, polyp-looking thing and strange orange worms

I noticed 2 of these polyps, both coming out right at the base of the roakc where it meets the sand. I've never ever seen them before and I have no idea what they are. There's a pic of them in photo2 and photo 3.

The strange orange worms are all over the place. Sand, LR, everywhere. They have a mobile orange tube and their little tentacles come out one end and are orange with tiny black bands around the circumference of the tentacle. There's a picture of 2 of these moving on the glass in photo1 and a picture of one dangling from a coral skeleton in photo3. They don't seem to be harming anything, but I just want to make sure as I never had them before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../ID-Photo1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../ID-photo2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../ID-photo3.jpg

Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

The yellow worms are spaghetti worms. The polyp looks like a pest rock anemone. Mostly refered to as majano.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I knew I'd seen those somewhere...majano. That's so weird. Started the tank in Feb 04, moved it june 05, and here it is March 06 and these are the first I've seen in it ever.

Recommended termination procedured? Kalk injection?
125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Show's how well thier survival skills are. You could use the kalk paste. Or you could use a commercial product like Joe's Juice.

Tags
polyp, strange, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com