Need some help identifing these please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Noticed these little guys poking out of my LR today. Thoughts? Sorry the other two are so blurry, the macro setting is smarter than I am. These guys are pretty tiny.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 129
Whoops I didn't have my contacts in and I couldent see yeah your right I doesn't really look like it

Those are brittle star arms, I usually see them all over my tank when I feed, at night in the moonlight they come out one once I came home they were all out and crawling all over. I grabbed the test kits and checked everything was fine, I didn't know I had was going on so I started googling. There they were having a brittle star orgy right in front of my eyes. I don't know if it was the temperature change or just what that could have brought it on. I know when I moved my rocks to my 24 gallon one crawled over my hand that was probably 6 inches tip to tip. There are several different body types and colors I have even seen them nearly blood red.

Back
Top Bottom