NEM ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean112280

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can somebody help me with the name of this nem please

Attachments

• IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 79
Long tenical anenome .. Will benifit from strong lighting krill, and other small meaty bits .. :D

Sean, I sent you a pm, can you help please ??

In case you were wondering, I was curious how he got 2 GS maroon clowns in one tank. I currently have 1, and would like another but told it wasn't wise to add another.

Sean, I sent you a pm, can you help please ??

In case you were wondering, I was curious how he got 2 GS maroon clowns in one tank. I currently have 1, and would like another but told it wasn't wise to add another.
Why you take the same aproach as any other clowns markedly smaller and keep an eye on them and be ready to move one should it be required from the larger one beating on the smaller one (severly ) it may take a bit but they may pair up ..THere is likely to be some combat between the 2 but should settle down , if you can try to get 2 from the same tank that are diffrent in size and "swimming" together ... What size tank are we talking about milhous3er
You may also need to "redecorate" a bit to break up the territories that are already established as well as lights out for the day when you get the new one

Its for a 38 gallon. The one in my tank is only around 1 1/4" big, and all my lfs in my area have ones that are slightly bigger. I tried to do this on my last tank (add another clown with the existing clown) and had no luck at all. The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth, this is kinda what it reminded me of.

I want two clowns (preferably GS maroons) but its my fault for not doing enough thorough research on this particular clown. Wish me luck...

They are a mated pair. I got them from a co-worker. I would have to ask him more info, but i believe they were bought together. They dont like to be away from each other at all. The female is the bigger one.

Its for a 38 gallon. The one in my tank is only around 1 1/4" big, and all my lfs in my area have ones that are slightly bigger. I tried to do this on my last tank (add another clown with the existing clown) and had no luck at all. The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth, this is kinda what it reminded me of.

I want two clowns (preferably GS maroons) but its my fault for not doing enough thorough research on this particular clown. Wish me luck...
You could give it a go . But that will pretty much max your bioload they get large up to 5 - 6 inches ...
Like I said moving rock work and also lights out may help ... You could qt the one there now move rock work around and then add the new one (after QT ) after a week put the older one back in ....
Sean glad to help :D

The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth

hahahaha. thats awesome. i used to get such a riot of my diamond watchmen flinging around hermits.

Back
Top Bottom