Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

NEM ID please

Can somebody help me with the name of this nem please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0105.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	24135  

Old 06-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Long tenical anenome .. Will benifit from strong lighting krill, and other small meaty bits ..

10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sean, I sent you a pm, can you help please ??

In case you were wondering, I was curious how he got 2 GS maroon clowns in one tank. I currently have 1, and would like another but told it wasn't wise to add another.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhous3er View Post
Sean, I sent you a pm, can you help please ??

In case you were wondering, I was curious how he got 2 GS maroon clowns in one tank. I currently have 1, and would like another but told it wasn't wise to add another.
Why you take the same aproach as any other clowns markedly smaller and keep an eye on them and be ready to move one should it be required from the larger one beating on the smaller one (severly ) it may take a bit but they may pair up ..THere is likely to be some combat between the 2 but should settle down , if you can try to get 2 from the same tank that are diffrent in size and "swimming" together ... What size tank are we talking about milhous3er
You may also need to "redecorate" a bit to break up the territories that are already established as well as lights out for the day when you get the new one
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its for a 38 gallon. The one in my tank is only around 1 1/4" big, and all my lfs in my area have ones that are slightly bigger. I tried to do this on my last tank (add another clown with the existing clown) and had no luck at all. The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth, this is kinda what it reminded me of.

I want two clowns (preferably GS maroons) but its my fault for not doing enough thorough research on this particular clown. Wish me luck...
Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

They are a mated pair. I got them from a co-worker. I would have to ask him more info, but i believe they were bought together. They dont like to be away from each other at all. The female is the bigger one.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you Sadie for the ID. I couldn't remember the name of it.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think its a Magnifica.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Its for a 38 gallon. The one in my tank is only around 1 1/4" big, and all my lfs in my area have ones that are slightly bigger. I tried to do this on my last tank (add another clown with the existing clown) and had no luck at all. The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth, this is kinda what it reminded me of.

I want two clowns (preferably GS maroons) but its my fault for not doing enough thorough research on this particular clown. Wish me luck...
You could give it a go . But that will pretty much max your bioload they get large up to 5 - 6 inches ...
Like I said moving rock work and also lights out may help ... You could qt the one there now move rock work around and then add the new one (after QT ) after a week put the older one back in ....
Sean glad to help
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
The established clown would put the new clown in its mouth almost and push it around the tank. Imagine a dog with a ball in its mouth
hahahaha. thats awesome. i used to get such a riot of my diamond watchmen flinging around hermits.

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com