New Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PistolPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a new coral but I forget what it is called. It is pretty PO'd and closed off. Can anyone help me remember what it is called so I can research the proper flow and light requirements.

PART_1308846995951.jpg

Thanks

I am gonna third the motion on the first one being gsp. Looks just like mine when its closed :) the second one looks different than my Xenia, but maybe its a different type(if there are different types?)

I think they called it pulsing something but I am not exactly sure... I should have put the name in my phone evernotes... But the GSP is what he called the other... I also got some Zoanthids but im not sure what kind (greenish center-relatively cheap)... The GSP and Zoa are opened almost fully and the last coral is just being a pain in the butt I can't get him to open...

Carey I got 3 new coral yesterday and a yellow tail damsel today along with a new koralia nano power head :D

Pulsing Xenia. :-D

Grats on the new fish gear. I love getting new stuff. How is the damsel doing?

Yeah, I'd give the gsp some time. Mine doesnt open for days at a time for no reason.

Ok I guess its a stubborn coral then... My damsel is just floating right now... The clowns are taking a great deal of interest in it... I think it will be ok though my clowns are super passive... I haven't heard of many others being able to keep 3 clowns in a tank

The damsel is fully acclimated and introduced a few hours ago. It is very timid and is now hiding in my live rock. There is not hostility.

The damsel now is swimming out an about. I am interested to see where it sleeps tonight. My clowns like to crowd the top left corner in between the wall and the heat stick .

PistolPete said:
The damsel is fully acclimated and introduced a few hours ago. It is very timid and is now hiding in my live rock. There is not hostility.

The damsel now is swimming out an about. I am interested to see where it sleeps tonight. My clowns like to crowd the top left corner in between the wall and the heat stick .

So does mine must be a clown thing.. I bought a ceramic tea pot and put it on there corner.. They now host it..

I cleaned out a plastic peanut butter jar and tried to get them to host it to no avail... I was in there for about 3 weeks and then I got sick of looking at it... I wish they would host my toy buzz lightyear :D

OK so my GSP has opened up a bit. Is this the farthest it will open? I feel like it isn't opened up fully. I wish it would. :banghead:
PART_1308950826753.jpg

In a few months you'll be wondering what to do with it all. My plug of it has taken over a whole rock in less than 6 months. LOL

Back
Top Bottom