New Creature, Please ID...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herndo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is this? Is it bad?

Attachments

• what_the.jpg
    what_the.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 309
  • what_the.jpg
    what_the.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 298
  • what_the.jpg
    what_the.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 303
Thanks Fluff

All they ever do is run out every once and awhile and grab a bite of food. Why are they good? Any reason in particular? They sure are big.

That's the biggest one I've ever seen. They are scavengers and they are also a good source of live food for the fish. That one is HUGE.

Well, I dont' have a fish that could take this guy out...

I left my lights off accidentally for 3 days when I went out of town, and when I came home around 11:30 PM and turned my lights on I saw 5 or 6 of these things scatter. Two ran for cover under a small piece of rock, when I moved the rock I almost caught one in the turkey baster but he fell out. I've been wondering what in the world they were. I just got my digital camera yesterday and charged it up and today this guy ran out for some grub. (What luck?!) So I"m glad to know he's nothing to worry about but I've got a few of them.

They are also a sign of a healthy/maturing tank. It's hard to determine the size in your pic but, I have some that are 1/4" long.

Back
Top Bottom