New Critters :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I found a great buy. I was at my lfs and began to haggle with the keeper, My aim is to purchase alot of small corals etc and allow them to grow and spread, to however my tank is set-up. So I was searching through the tanks and came accross this one piece of live rock and at one end it had some sort of polyp (I think) and on the other end had some xenia (I think) So I added it to my tank and all was fine. Then these two white fluffy things that i assumed were like a little coral began to move. they are two fluffy white slugs, I am currently searching the forum etc .. to find the identification. Also when this piece of live rock something that looked pinkish shot out of the rock and into the rock I allready have. So I was very excited allready and then I noticed a bright orange bristleworm so as you can gues especially with me being new I was over the moon :D, then I saw a tiny tiny brown crab that seems quite happy there. I also saw a baby bristlestar :D. I managed to haggle even more and get the guy to throw in a tiny piece of rock that had two very small mushrooms on hoping that they will spread. :D

Just thought I would Share.

Very good job. The bristleworms I wouldnt be all too happy over, but I suppost your looking at it from the point of view of "yay new stuff". The good thing about lfs is that most of the time, they never bother paying attention to any of the hitchhikers on the rocks. Keep up the pestering :D

Back
Top Bottom