New Damsel...What Model??? lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralAnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in the suburbs of Little Rock, Arkansas
I brought home a new Damsel yesterday. He's beautiful...white body with bright yellow on top and neon blue bottom fins (? I don't know the appropriate term for the fins). Anyway, the guy at the pet store was...well...let's just say I know more about this hobby than he does, and I'm just 8 months into it!!! He couldn't tell me anything about this fishie!!! If someone can ID him, then I can google info about him. I sure would appreciate it!!!! :)

+1 I have found photobucket to be really easy. Post to photobucket then copy the IMG code and paste in your post.

Just letting you know I had the same fish but my Lfs called it a bluefin damsel and it was huge. A little over 4inches a mean. I had to donate him because he killed the other damsel an wouldn't let me put anything else in there.

Gza166 said:
Just letting you know I had the same fish but my Lfs called it a bluefin damsel and it was huge. A little over 4inches a mean. I had to donate him because he killed the other damsel an wouldn't let me put anything else in there.

This is a little guy and now that the other fish have adjusted to him, he's been very peaceful. I know what you mean though...they are aggressive fish with varying levels of aggressiveness. I've had one kill
2 of my fish...just by constant picking on them...awful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I've got an electric blue damsel who thinks he's king and likes to pick on other fish...he's the one who killed my fish. He started out nipping at him so I had to "babysit" him and chase the other off. I did that for TWO HOURS!!! But it worked. Bluey is leaving him alone so far...all day.

Thanks for the info!!! I definitely appreciate that!!! :)

No problem ya I was a little sad to let him go because the colors were beautiful and he was my one of my starter fish, he roughed it out and helped my tank get going.

coralAnn said:
You wouldn't feed him to your Angler...would you??? (lol) He's a "nice" Damsel...so far!!! ROFL!!!

He won't stay nice for long. Lol. I see damsels and name them angler breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sorry. Lol

How can you say no to this? He gets hungry too!

img_2005925_0_ce64d714d25989651709906e910ac3e0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom