New life showing up in tank what are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have these little flea like guys with many legs showing up in my tank...I have also seen littler ones crawling all over my sand....posting pics now.

Mines in my office. I was in after the lights were off and spotted them. I set up my tank in mid-December so it's just over 2 months old.

Thank Mr X I'll look into that

x to the rescue as always thanks a bunch man....also i mean these things are everywhere in my tank...would you recommend maybe a psychedelic mandarin....i think that is spelled wrong lol ? i want one but i wanna wait for the tank to become really stable and mature

No. Their population will increase and decrease with the maturity of the tank. You don't need anything to eat them.

I'm waiting for a mandarin too. I see so much life on the substrate and rock that I might pick one up in the next few weeks.

Photoevangelist said:
I'm waiting for a mandarin too. I see so much life on the substrate and rock that I might pick one up in the next few weeks.

Yea they are such cool fish I just want to make sure he's got a food supply as I've read they are difficult to train to eat

mr_X said:
No. Their population will increase and decrease with the maturity of the tank. You don't need anything to eat them.

Didn't mean to maintain population but aren't those what the mandarin eat? I eventually want one

I would never put a mandarin in that size tank. You can't buy enough pods to feed it. I would either try a ORA mandarin that allegedly eats prepared foods, get a much bigger tank, or skip it all together.

I have a 125 gal at work would that work ? I really wanted him at home I am upgrading this tank to a 29 gal in a week going to use twenty gal as a qt I will look that one up now

Reefpete said:
What does Ora stand for x?

Oceans Reefs & Aquariums. They're a company that specializes in breeding tank-raised fish and corals. Usually ORA products are more expensive but have great quality.

Back
Top Bottom