New Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some lions will hang out on the side and undersides of rock structures. they press their bodies against them and sit real still for long periods of time. this could be what is going on.

try "hand feeding" frozen foods using a feeding stick. if the Lion is healty, eventually it will take it.

also, spend a little cash on your own testing equipment. I would check the levels daily until you know for sure everything is stable and where it is suposed to be.

also i have anothet question a friend of mine has a lion like mine and he just got a niger triggger they are the same size and the lion has the trigger cornered how long is that going to go on?... and was that a bad idea they don't have the internet so i thought i would ask for him

cornered as in the lion has him against a wall?

how big is the tank? The trigger could be suffering from something non-lion related.

he probly didnt touch the hermits but the damsel might become a snack other then that give it time also it might not eat for a few weeks but that is normal

well i found a crab with no shell just a dead crab i don't know what happened to him... i tried to feed him that frozen shrimp i don't think he liked it i think he wants live bait ... my damsel has touched his poisonus fins, does he actually have to stick them hard?... i think tomorraw i am gonna get some live shrimp like you guys said... he stay out now but lays on top of a rock... which is fine he doesn't like my damsel to much he always throws his back fins at him i don't think my lion can eat my 3 stripe damsel they are the same size.. how long is is going to take for my lion to get big?... Thanks again so much for everyone's help.... i will get better at this....

just get GHOST shrimp cost should be liek 5 for a buck...

just relax and go from there.. once u know he has eaten the ghost shrimp u are in the clear IMO as long as u keep up on the waterchanges etc.. feed him one ghost shrimp every other day for a week.. (3-4 feedings)

once he is ok then try to get him on mysis

Dave

might not eat for a few weeks but that is normal
a few days is normal, a few weeks is NOT

how long is is going to take for my lion to get big
I bought a volitan that was 2 inches long. In 6 months it had outgrown a 55 gallon tank. I will have had him 2 years in May and it is a huge fish living in a 175. Well over 12 inches from nose to tail.

it all depends on how much u "power" feed him.. hig heat, and LOTS of food will cause quick large growth.. but remember the faster they grow the sonner they pass..

keep the temp normal feed once a day or once every 2 days and u will enjoy him for a long time

Dave

thanks thanks thanks my temp is 80 is that to high? ...... i will let you all know how the ghost shrimp feeding goes 2morrow.....

my lionfish is floating with his belly up but he fins are moving i think he ate to much IS HE GONNA BE oK????????????/

live fish can carry disease, live fish don't have the nutrition that they need.

trust me get some mysis frozen shrimp, and ghost shrimp..

btw how is he doing?

Dave

Back
Top Bottom