New Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he is still upside down belly up on the top of the tank floation like he is dead but he is breathing i stuck the net in there to make sure he wasn't dead he swam to the bottom for 3 mins and went back to where he was.... i hope he doesn't die.... i tried feeding him frozen shrimp he didn't want it....( the other day) i appreciate your help so much i know i am a pain...

what kinda fish did u feed him??

he may eithe rbe stuffed to the point he blew out his intestines or he may have air in his swim bladder...

Dave

You said that the fish threw up while in the bag! I have never known a fish to vomit... What did it look like?

well it was more of a spit up type thing.... he was just sitting swimming in the bag then he opened his mouth and a thing curled up in a ball with a eye ball came out and little chunks of things..... it was pretty gross.... So he is gonna die huh?

It's not often that they sting themselves, but it is know to happen.
From the sound of it, that may be what happened.
Talk to the store where you purchased the fish from and they may possibly give you a new fish.
Good luck,
Jason

Thanks.... I doubt they will cause most stores don't have a gaurantee.... he ate some silver looking guppies with dark bellys... his belly was silver then purple now black.... i just hope he is okay... but i guess he got over feed... thats what i think... i guess they can die from being over feed... he isn't dead yet i hope he makes it through the night...

He is alive he belly is back to normal.... and he is not floating with his belly up... i guess he was really full... i guess i need to monitor how much he eats...

have you bothered to check your water parameters yet? I know you usually let the fish store do that, but you better get a testing kit quick and figure out what your water has in it. also, check your salinity and temp, etc. are you using RO/DI water or tap water?

also, do you have enough water movement and gas exchange going on? he could be suffering from a lack of oxygen.

I don't suppose you have a QT tank to place the lion in untill it gets better?

he is still alive today and he is trying to swim but for some reason it is like he can't swim... i don't know what is wrong with him..... i don't have a qt tank but he is only in there with a damsel and hermit crabs... why can't he swim?..

With a lion fish anything that will probably fit in its mouth he will probably eat it

I found out what was wrong with my lionfish... I have some disease in my water... great huh?.... so i brought the lion back to the store i got him from they are giong to try to give him some medicine bu the already told me he thinks he is going to die and they also gave me some blue stuff to put in my tank to try and kill the disease... but thanks for everyone's help!! i am sure i will have more questions soon!

Back
Top Bottom