New Live rock Hitchhikers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spot on, if you ask me. Although I only got my first SW fish and inverts yesterday, I have spent a plethora of hours researching all types of species.

Spot on, if you ask me. Although I only got my first SW fish and inverts yesterday, I have spent a plethora of hours researching all types of species.

Yeah same for me:) I came here to try and ask someone whos had more hands on expeirance;)

Looks like a rhodactis mushroom and it's definitely a bumble bee snail. Low to medium light and low flow for the shroom

Looks like a rhodactis mushroom and it's definitely a bumble bee snail. Low to medium light and low flow for the shroom

what is "low to medium light"?
I have a 20in Aqueon LED light with 1 daylight bar and 1 colormax bar, is this enough?

Doubtful, are you trying for a reef tank? If so what size tank and we can get you some lighting suggestions.

Doubtful, are you trying for a reef tank? If so what size tank and we can get you some lighting suggestions.

I wanted a FOWLR tank but I was planning on maybe 2-3 mushrooms or other low lights once it was running for 3-4 months.. and its a 10g tank(but im a little low on money because I also have a 46g Lake
Tanganyika African chiclid tank)

4 days? That snail will end up dying sorry to tell you. The mushroom might make it out alive. Your tank has a lot of cycling to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

my votes one the shroom will live, and who knows maybe the snail

Inverts are very sensitive to ammonia spikes and that is exactly what's going to happen to your tank in the upcoming weeks. Good luck

Inverts are very sensitive to ammonia spikes and that is exactly what's going to happen to your tank in the upcoming weeks. Good luck

well not my tank, but yeah i realize inverts are sensitive but you just never know in this hobby, stranger things have happened haha!

It wont necessarily take weeks for the ammonia spike to happen, in my 55g tank it only took 4 days for the spike to start.

Back
Top Bottom