new pink worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i saw this guy a few months back and snapped this picture...i haven't seen him since but i was just wondering if anyone knew what it was. Very neon pink and seemed to be eating junk off the rock, also very blob like (could be long and skinny or fat and short)
View attachment 25295
View attachment 25294

sorry the picture doesn't show very nicely/clearly on here

Thanks!

nope it definitely was not flat...in the picture it is in its short and fat position and was spherical...the picture of it is also on my rock...and i have never heard of a neon pink flatworm. here is the first picture again i fixed the circle i made so its a little clearer

View attachment 25296

as you can see it is also pretty large compared to all flatworms i've ever seen. That is a full grown cleaner shrimp beside it.

Sorry, from the previous photos it looked like it was on the glass and not the rock. If it's that large it could be a nudibranch.

If it's a nudibranch I would suggest getting it out of the tank. They are normally very species specific when it comes to what they eat and it is rarely anything you would want in a reef tank. Many eat different types of corals or sponges.

Not sure what it is either. Any updates on how it is moving or if you have seen more of them?

BTW Flatworms don't just come in rust color. I've seen bright neon blue ones too.

no I've only seen the one a few months back..it was out during lights out. I don't really think it was a nudibranch because it doesn't have a flat bottom...its more like a earthworm no top or bottom.

sorry that's probably not too much help

Back
Top Bottom