niger trigger spot on fin(w/pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
what is this ......i have a couple of pics...hope this helps you to help me :cry: the spot if you cant see it..is on the bottom fin..dunno what that fin is called but its the bottom one....there seems to be a spot on his body....but its been there for a year or more..so i wasnt worried about that as much. can i help him?

Attachments

• trigger_fin_spot.jpg
    trigger_fin_spot.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 51
  • trigger_fin_spot_2.jpg
    trigger_fin_spot_2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 54
I wouldn't worry about it if it's been there that long. Fish will sometimes receive damage early in their developement that never fully recovers or looks as it should normally. It is typically not life threatening or a detriment to the fish's health.

Has it always been a similar size relative to the fish's growth?

Cheers
Steve

Mabye I misread.... The spot on the body has been there for years and the spot on the anal fin is new?

Cheers
Steve

yeah...that spot on the body is old...but that spot o0n the fin ..the bottom fin is the one i was curious about...never noticed it till today....its kinda scaring me......also his tail...the top part of his tail is kinda the same as the bottom fin(anal fin?)and it seems to be getting shorter..it used to be longer than the other. he seems happy nonetheless.....but if its rotting ...how do you fix it?

Could be you need a few additional water changes. The area of the fin doesn't look bad really, just worn some. Which will commonly heal quickly. Where does the trigger usually bed down?

What are your water paramaters and what do you normally feed the fish?

Cheers
Steve

all parameters are at their respected levels...ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrate 0, ph 8.0- 8.2...he sleeps usually in the rocks....dunno i never have seen really where he sleeps..very secluded. this is a new tank...its been setup for about 2 months...hes been in it with the yellow tang and a condy for about 3 -4 weeks...i recently got a lta for the tomatoe clown i just got...for food i give them some varied stuff....omega one flake food,tetra jumbo shrimp,hbh super soft moist fish food pellet type stuff....for the water i add reef builder plus and black powder. i have a mantis in there but it doesnt look like a bite or like hes been snapped at...i gotta get him out soon.oh the tank is 55 gallon.....with about 40 pounds of live rock that was carried over from my 30 gall...hope this helps...i just threw in all my digits and thanx for the quick replys

Your water parameters are good but you should still do a few water changes over the next week. DOC is the beginning of the nitrogen cycle so reducing it can still help in the fish helping itself. Zero numbers doesn't mean it's not there, simpley the biofilter is functioning well.

I think you'll find it will clear up in a little while on it's own.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom