Nighttime weird critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I happened to go downstairs last night at about 3AM....thought I'd take a peek in the tank and see what was crawling around under the moonlights, thought maybe I'd see my serpent star. What I did see were two very long, very retractile "worms" that would come shooting out of the live rock, poke around and then retract back in. one was about 1-1.5" long max, but the other one could reach 4+" and was 1/8" thick or more. They were on separate rocks, and didn't seem to have heads....any ideas what they might be?

I couldn't get a pic, unfortunately, I think the flash would have sent them into hiding pretty fast!

not sure which ones you meant...but they don't look like any of the listed polychaetes or sipunculans. It kind of looks like the pic of the spionid worm but I only saw one tentacle and they were pretty big.

It was under the lunar lights.....everything looked blue! But I could tell it was uniformly colored, somewhat transparent, and might have been brownish gray.

Back
Top Bottom