No clue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have no idea what this organism is in my tank and its near impossible for me to identify at the current moment. Sadly I have no pictures as of yet but will post an update as soon as I do
I hope maybe if i describe a few characteristics aswell as habits someone might know.
Ok so its pretty small a few sizes bigger then the larger copepods in my tank, if that helps.
It tends to burrow/nest under larger stones ontop of the substrate (this is where i can sometimes observe its silhouette as it moves). Very reclusive I only see it for a split second when i walk by my tank then its flashes away as if it senses my very presence. As of this moment I would say it has an elongated shrimp like body. If anyone has any ideas let me kno and ill stay posted

Sounds like it could be a few different things. Do you hear clicking coming from the tank? If so look up pistol shrimp. It also sounds like it might be amphipods also so look those up too.

Back
Top Bottom