Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Put a peppermint shrimp in your tank. If it eats it then it is/was an AIP....
i have to wait for it to finish its cycle before i can put anything into the tank

unfortunately it doesn't look too much like either...closer to rev's baby rock one then anything

Are rock anemones a bad thing? This tank is going to be a reef (hopefully) will it effect coral?

Old 06-06-2004, 07:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Are rock anemones a bad thing? This tank is going to be a reef (hopefully) will it effect coral?
Could be a majano anemone also, either way they're both pests in the sense that they reproduce quit fast and have a fairly potent sting, able to easily kill most corals. 1 can become 3 overnight by splitting!

Old 06-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

My anemone is no pest. I have seen them at alot of lfs in reef tanks. It has been in my reef tank for 2 months and has not moved once. They say they dont move much. I like it. They like to stay attached to rocks at an angle. HTH!

Here is a quote from liveaquari.
Quote:
The Flower Anemone can live singly or in groups. They prefer to live on shaded, vertical rock walls, or within the substrate. They will bury most of their body in the sand, with only the oral disc and tentacles showing. These are fairly hardy anemones that will adapt to a wide variety of lighting conditions. These anemones tend not to wander about the aquarium and are a great addition to a reef aquarium.

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com