Not sure if I should be worried.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't get a picture, my camera is too cheap and they are too small but I have something crawling around on the front of my tank. I can't figure out if they are pods or flat worms. Can someone post a picture of both so maybe I can identify them.

i do not have pics right now but if it helps flat worms look like an aneba it is a single cell thing where as pods look like different kinds of bugs bittty fleas and shrimps and things hth

I have tried to get a picture but no luck. I even used a magnifying glass and trid to get a picture of one but it's just blurry. these things (the bigger one's anyway) look like they are white or cream color, very small about the size of the tip of an ink pen, rounded front and the rear looks like the front with a chunck taken out of it.

I have a bunch of pods also, they are everywhere. :mrgreen:

Does it kinda look like a flag? That's the way flat worms were explained to me. I might have a pic of one. If so, I'll repost.

Here's the pic. I've had these but only seen them while I had lots of hair algae. And only four or five, never in plague proportions. They seemed to stay in/around the algae. Since the hair algae is gone, so are the worms. At least I haven't seen one in a long time. I think there are some that are harmful to corals. Someone with more experience will have to help you there. HTH

Yes that looks close to what I have in my tank. Is that what they are? Flatworms? Got to ask a dumb question, where did they come from? no additions to the tank in a while. If they were there before why did I not see them? Do you think one of my fish, Coral Beauty angel, Flame angel, 4 f. perc's., and a strawberry gramma, could be keeping the population down? If so that would explain the explosion, tank is fallow for 2 1/2 more weeks.

I've had my tank up for two years and never seen them til about a year and a half later. And, I'm assuming they are gone or maybe they are just out of sight again. I don't think fish eat them. I used to have a royal gamma who would pic pods off the glass but never touched the worms. And I've never seen my f. perc's or coral beauty show any interest. Wish I could be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom