Noticed hitchhikers(good thing) need ID - pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansei

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed a couple of hitch hikers that I hope are what I think
First is poss a group of small feather dusters about 1/16 inch long ( thats the only bubble algae in the tank )

img_773865_0_2d5e4d8f9a43313cae6ecb70280a99a1.jpg

Second appears to be a coral -it will retract when you get close to look at it and is about 1/8 diameter. ( small green circle in center)

img_773865_1_7ccbec768041cc6d7934c65b032eb9e4.jpg

I can't see what you are talking about, in the first pic. THe second is a feather duster, I believe.

In the first pic there are 5-6 tubes tan/brown color in front of the white "webbing" straight up from the bubble algae.

I thought the same for the first but the second one through me off with the circle instead of the usual fan .

to me, the first picture looks like a branch of torch coral/frogspawn

Ok I agree the 1st is probably hydroids, the second though is a feather duster. I have a lot in my tank that look just like that....they are about the size of a dime or smaller...

Devilishturtles said:
Could #1 be Hydroids?

Nice catch DT. :) I totally missed this, when I looked I only seen one. I just looked again and I definitely see the cluster now. :roll: I agree, it does look more like hydroids.

Back
Top Bottom