Nudibranch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody, my sister just sent me a picture of this slug-like creature from her 55. It looks like a nudibranch to me. She said she's seen it before and that it is slow moving and corals look fine. I just wanted to clarify what it is before she has to remove it, Incase it's a harmless hitchhiker. She says it's about an inch long. Thanks in advance everyone IMG_1804.JPG

They usually look like what they eat if that helps any?
They're many different kinds.I'll guess yours looks like a berghia ,but it is a guess.

What was said is correct. Nudibranch look exactly like what they eat. I've never seen a nudi like that one before. But, never have I heard of a nudibranch being an inch long. They are usually the length of your fingernail...and my early morning math might be all screwed up but that doesn't look like an inch to me. I do not believe this to be a nudibranch.
Can she remove it into a glass to get a better picture of it? When it comes to nudibranch, if there is one there are more...hatched from the eggs nor not.

Thank you for the quick responses. I will ask her to maybe single it out on a piece of glass like suggested to get a better picture. If not a nudibranch, any suggestions on what it may be? Thank you.

Now that I'm more awake and looking at it, most likely is a nudibranch. I haven't seen one so long in the aquarium before, so it is an adult of whatever variety it happens to be.

Whatever it eats it will look very similar to what it looks like. Most likely you'll want to remove any you can find. If there are coral in there that look similar, you will want to do a coral dip to try to remove any further nudibranch/eggs.

Back
Top Bottom