ok this things got me stumped anyone help ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
all morning been working on my tank getting it ready for my coral order, this wasn't there earlier but now it is 4 hrs later and its there .
kind of has the shape of a golf ball along with all those tiny dents you would see , it's white kind of looks like a wasps nest
it's invading my green button palys can anyone help ID I'm stumped it looks like a tiny entrance hole on top
img_2846675_0_b68a60fb7e874f2d7f104e4d6828040c.jpg

That does look odd. Kinda looks like a huge snail egg sack (its not that) but I'm gonna follow because I wanna know what it is as well!?!?

I poked at it trying to pull it off with a tooth pick
I pulled on it yanked it not sponge it is like rawhide leather glued down
it's just weird it wasn't there and a little later it just appeared
if I pull any harder I will lose a bunch of button palys as it embedded through a patch looks like I'm doing surgery in morn with my stainless exact o knifes seems that will be the only thing I can extract it with without damaging all my palys

just a update other than finding out it was very tough and leathery pet store said it was a womb of a bad type of nudibranch
I discovered my urchin eating it , after about a week my urchin made fast work of it and it is totally gone I now find how useful my urchin really is, he is best problem eradicator I know of

Back
Top Bottom