Ooh! One more thing:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this pic online when trying to look up what was in my tank. I have a few of these and I don't know what they are. The pic said vermetid snails? But ALL the other pics of them look nothing like this. Is it a worm? Is it good or bad for my tank?

Attachments

• image-3871366642.jpg
    image-3871366642.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 138
Thanks everyone! I'm still not convinced. Mine are attached to my live rocks. Attached not at the "base" of the worm like structure, but like flat up like they are laying down on the rock. It's do weird. But they DO use what looks like my sand to build a protective layer or something. Lol.

Dang it Faye, now you've sparked my interest too! I've got a handful of those as well and never paid much attention as to what they might be til now!! Lol. Now I know what I'll be searching for on the web for the next 2 days... ;-)

Good! Tell me what they are! Lol. I have a toddler and a newborn and I live in the woods so my Internet is limited to my iPhone. Lol. I can't research things as well as other people.

I believe there are different variations of the ones i linked. Idk I could be wrong tho.

By god, I think ive found out what they are! Spionid worms! Harmless by all means. Simply filter feeders and detritivores. If the population starts to rise, snails, shrimp, inverts etc, will mow them down and level out the population.

Nothing to worry about! Good thing to have actually. Hope this helps! :)

Keithhjs said:
I believe there are different variations of the ones i linked. Idk I could be wrong tho.

Sorry! Lol. I guess thats wat I get for waiting a while to actually hit the "Post" button! You were exactly right!

Yeah looking further into it I guess that's what they must be. Mine are just attached sideways to the rocks. Strange. At least they're harmless! Thanks everyone!

AbsoluteFaye said:
Yeah looking further into it I guess that's what they must be. Mine are just attached sideways to the rocks. Strange. At least they're harmless! Thanks everyone!

Mine are too. A couple of them have come and gone. They'll be there for a week or so, then disappear. I don't know if something is eatin them or what

Back
Top Bottom