orange gorgonia? sea fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darylva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I bought this a couple years ago and it is still doing fine, it has grown somewhat, but, not a lot. I would like to know where to place it in the tank for optimum current/lighting. I have put it in several different places, high, low, and everything in between and it seems to not matter where you put it. Thanks for any info, Ok, I can't figure out how to post a pic so here is a link to the page in Webshots, scroll down to the orange sea fan looking thing http://community.webshots.com/user/darylva
Daryl

The lighter colored one is definately a photosynthetic gorg. They do best in med flow and high light. Keep well away from corals with nematocysts. They can withstand most types of soft coral aggression but will lose hands down against an LPS.

The brighter one does not resemble a gorg to me at all. If I had to guess, the scleractinia growth moreso resembles and SPS. Seriatopora sp is what it appears to be to me but it does not have the typical growth pattern in "fullness" but the coral tip are increadibley similar. Are the limbs of the coral flexible or very rigid?

Cheers
Steve

Steve, The tips are indeed flexible and the coral's "skin" feels soft and almost like velvet.
Daryl

darylva said:
Steve, The tips are indeed flexible and the coral's "skin" feels soft and almost like velvet.
If we are talking about the pic below, then I am at a loss. I have personally never come across a hydroid that looks like that or grows in the same "pointed" branching fashion at the tips... :?:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom