orange-like build up???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NIFTYneil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok...in my tank i have a new volitan lionfish thats only about 2 inches long. anyways, after putting the little guy in, there seems to be some orange algae looking spots all over the entire tank. i also have some white lava rocks inside that are now turning orange as well. can anyone identify what is going on with my tank? is there something wrong with my lionfish? thanks in advance for your help! :D

Sounds like coraline algae. How old is the tank. I'm guessing less than a few months if you haven't seen this before. If so, it won't affect your fish.

Mark

thanks mark :)

your help is greatly appreciated. im glad to hear that my fish will be ok. can anyone else make a second diagnosis or does this sound about right?

If its encrusting, ie you cant just rub it off with your finger.

Then its probably coraline. It will grow in many different colors depending on your lighting setup.

If you can rub it off with your finger or it has more of a mass than simply making what its on change colors then a photo would help.

I wish I could grow orange coraline. I grow purple and white on my rocks. and unfortunatly green coraline grows on my acrylic, and it is a major pain to get off.

Back
Top Bottom