Parasitic Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lolaleeloo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have three anemones that came in on our LR. Two are closed, but I got a pic of the one opened. Any clue as to what it is and is it harmful to my tank. Hope the pic is clear enough. It's the best I could do. Thanks.

The pic is not clear enough for a proper ID but your statement below might suggest possibley a BTA. Do a google image search for Entacmaea quadricolor and see what you come up with.

Lolaleeloo said:
This thing is green with tan bubble tip tentacles

I would keep trying for a clearer pic if you draw a blank.

Cheers
Steve

mystery anemone

I took a couple more pics, I hope are better. I googled entacmaea quadricolor and the colors are the opposite. Tan/purple with green tentacles. Let me know if you can identify it for me. Thanks

Mystery anemone

Mystery solved, My dear Watsonjavascript:emoticon(':lol:')!I do belive it is a green hairy mushroom.
Now. Are they a coral? Anemone? Parasite? That is the questionjavascript:emoticon(':lol:')stion Let me know thanks.
Thanks for all your input everyone. Much appreciated. Lola

lol. they are a coral. med-high light and med-high flow. well they are kind of a mix of a coral and anemone, they can move but do not sting

Back
Top Bottom