pink coraline growth ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello all i was wondering on how to accumulate pink coraline growth no i heard low phosphates help but how do i lower or control them?

thank you

For coraline growth, you need
1) light (not necessarily reef lighting either, but more than standard lighting)
2) Ca and ALK in balance close to NSW levels
3) some coraline to seed the tank

and time. my tank has been up since dec of 2003 and i am just not getting spots on the over flow and the return line. i still have not seen any on the glass.

I'm getting a lot of coraline on my filter intake pipe, my powerheads and spots all over the back of the glass.

Ca and ALK in balance close to NSW levels

Is it safe to say the water quality is pretty good for this to be hapenning?

Zack said:
I'm scraping coraline off my front glass regularly now

So am I, i usually scrape it off and give or trade the scrpaings to other reefers.

Well send some to me Zack, I could sure use it...........I bought #40 lbs of rock from you I just seems can't grow coraline on them...:(

How much scraping do you want?

I have some now, not enough that'll make a difference in a 40 though... Mine's growing fast maybe soon I can help you out.

When using a 40w normal fluo. light I found that the green grew much better than anything else. I had spotting in just a couple months. My purple,pink and orange wasn't doing nearly as well. I found a few spots, but they were few and far between, and actually appeared to be dying off. My 1 pink/orange rock has been losing a lot of color since I got it. I assume it was not getting enough light even though its placed on the top of my tank. I've recently upgraded and am hoping (seriously hoping) that the purple and pink make a dramatic comeback.

Back
Top Bottom