Pink Dottyback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone tell me exactly what type of dottyback this is?!

Attachments

• dottyback_722.jpg
    dottyback_722.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 120
Pseudochromis porphyreus

The purple pseudochromis. Also called a magenta dottyback.

Use caution they can and will eat shrimps , they are also jumpers so have a top on the tank

Sadielynn said:
Use caution they can and will eat shrimps, they are also jumpers so have a top on the tank

8O

I'm going to have a fairly big blood red shrimp, will he cause him problems?!

possibly. also they aren't really a fish that tend to like each other so just purchase one per tank.

MarkW19 said:
Sadielynn said:
Use caution they can and will eat shrimps, they are also jumpers so have a top on the tank

8O

I'm going to have a fairly big blood red shrimp, will he cause him problems?!
He could very well make a snack outta him

If it is a large shrimp, you should be ok. They only get to be about 3 inches. I think they mostly like brine shrimp.

UhUH I had one down 3 diffrent skunks that were good size I always say cavet emptor (SP) You can try it but dont be surprized that one day your shrimp will up and disappear

roka64 said:
If it is a large shrimp, you should be ok. They only get to be about 3 inches. I think they mostly like brine shrimp.

Good to hear, thanks. What do you class as "large"?

I`ve had a couple of them and they were pretty good fish. Mine never bothered my blood shrimp but that is only IME.

I guess this will be one of those fishies that you will have to try and see , what your experience will be .... Good size about 1.5 -2 inches or greater

I agree with Sadie, sometimes you get that crazy critter that is beyond the norm.......Kinda like the anglefish I had the decided to carpet surf...

Back
Top Bottom