Plant ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rscomia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can somebody tell me what this plant is? The green one in the center It came in on a live rock and seems to be growing good I want to make sure its not gonna become a nuissance

Attachments

• 2011-05-08 19.16.18.jpg
    2011-05-08 19.16.18.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 120
It is a form of caulerpa algae, I'd pluck it out for sure. Some people do like it though, so it's up to you. There is a possibility it can go sexual and if you have enough of it it can really cloud up your water.

Yah I don't know exactly how it affects the tank when it goes sexual, I just know a guy started a thread on here not long ago about how he tried to keep it in his sump and woke up to a white tank. I'm pretty sure he lost some fish. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

The algae can grow very quickly and be very annoying, I have a bunch of macro algae growing in my nano and i try to keep it trimmed back as much as possible, horrible stuff IMO.

Well it wasn't to bad when I first got it but in the last month it has grown like crazy I just tried to get it all out (I hope I got it all) Dont want to risk losing any fish for it

Yah I wouldn't worry about yours yet, you don't have enough to cause too much of a problem. I'd just remove it whenever you see it growing.

Back
Top Bottom