Please help ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I was thinking it is a little more brown now I will up load a newer photo later. How hard is it to keep one of these?

oceanjunkie said:
That's what I was thinking it is a little more brown now I will up load a newer photo later. How hard is it to keep one of these?

One of the harder things to keep. Recommended that nems not be added until a tank is at least 6-12 months old so parameters are stable enough. Also they tend to roam the tank so constant eye must be kept to keep it away from power heads, other corals etc.

Yes a friend of mine has one of these he feeds it mysis shrimp and silverside. It is for advanced reef keepers if it turns brown it means either it is getting too much light or it is not getting enough food.

Yes a friend of mine has one of these he feeds it mysis shrimp and silverside. It is for advanced reef keepers if it turns brown it means either it is getting too much light or it is not getting enough food.

When it bleaches and turns white, it is getting too much light. Brown is not bad necessarily. White is bad.

It was bleached when I got it from lfs so maybe it wasn't doing good when I got it.

I am guessing that is the case. Or it was stressed in the move. If the color is coming into it and the tentacles are swelling, that is good.

Back
Top Bottom