Please help identify small black item on live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saratj1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a black thing on my live rock, maybe a sea urchin? I don't think it is an urchin but maybe? Could someone Id please

Kinda looks like an urchin, is it flat or does it have a rounded body like an urchin? And does it move around?

It has a rounded body like an urchin but it's spikes kind of seem softer or not as hard and pointy as an urchins

Does it move? If it's soft and doesn't move it might be a sponge, but I've never seen a sponge that solid black before.

Update woke up this morning and no longer saw the black thing, I was like oh no it died, and then I saw it had move about an inch down torwards the underside of the rock.

It's getting hard to take a pic due to the angle of the phone to the glass if it moves any further I won't be able to see it. So does that mean its an urchin?

Thanks for the replies , another pic with question, do you think my domino is trying to host/co-habitate with my anemone? He hangs out under the anemone, but doesnt touch it and chases other fish away from the spot. Just curious, thanks.

No its unlikely, damsels are very territorial and I would say its more than likely that he has just found somewhere in the tank he likes to call his own for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom