Please help me to identify this anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gpakillsme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, could you identify whats the name of this anemone? Which food they like? Any fish that can host it?

It seems like the two clown fish in the second picture doesnt like this anemone. I know its stupid to put two different kinds of clown in one tank,
the one in the above is the one i bought today, it is hosting the anemone is the fish store, so I want to give a shot and see if it will host the anemone.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 147
Looks like a pink sebae anemone to me, if it is pink in color it means that it was dyed and probably won't survive too long, if it is actually a brownish tan color then it is healthy but is still a hard anemone to care for.

Any clown will host this anemone but it will take time, there is also a chance that none of your clowns will host it. Clowns are funny like that.

You can feed the anemone any meaty foods (like squid, clam, mysis, bloodworms, ect.)

Looks like a pink sebae anemone to me, if it is pink in color it means that it was dyed and probably won't survive too long, if it is actually a brownish tan color then it is healthy but is still a hard anemone to care for.

Any clown will host this anemone but it will take time, there is also a chance that none of your clowns will host it. Clowns are funny like that.

You can feed the anemone any meaty foods (like squid, clam, mysis, bloodworms, ect.)

****, the fishshop told me this one is very easy to take care, I feed it with freezen brian shrimp, but it seem doesnt like it very much. do you know why?

Darn fishshops! It might be unhappy and not taking food. Do the tentacles stick to your hand when you touch it? They should.

Brine shrimp also is not very nutritional for anemones, coral, or fish. I would consider getting the frozen cubes of mysis instead.

Darn fishshops! It might be unhappy and not taking food. Do the tentacles stick to your hand when you touch it? They should.

Brine shrimp also is not very nutritional for anemones, coral, or fish. I would consider getting the frozen cubes of mysis instead.

thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom