Please id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-3486536485.jpg
I've noticed these open up and just curious what they are

Attachments

• image-217714273.jpg
    image-217714273.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 114
  • image-617352191.jpg
    image-617352191.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1513075582.jpg
    image-1513075582.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 123
Which are we identifying?
They all look the same but the one with watermelon zoas
The one polyp ?
Or is that a glass anemone ?
The first picture is a whole patch of these

I believe we are supposed to be looking at what I see as majano, a glass anemone like mentioned above. Pest nems that need to be dealt with. Get joes juice or aiptasia-x to squirt into their mouths to kill them.

image-1396770792.jpg

What is this ?
Is it a kind of Xenia ?
Waving hands

Those appear to be daisy polyps.
As for the majanos, you'll have to kill them off individually with kalkwasser paste, joes juice, aptasia-X, or some other remedy. You'll probably damage some of the surrounding polyps, but they will grow back.

Those appear to be daisy polyps. As for the majanos, you'll have to kill them off individually with kalkwasser paste, joes juice, aptasia-X, or some other remedy. You'll probably damage some of the surrounding polyps, but they will grow back.

I have kalk powder ,
Do you make a thick paste and apply it to the mouth of the nem or cover the whole thing ?

Both. Put some on the mouth, and then when it shrivels up, cover the rest of it. Cover all the flesh if possible. It's the only way to be sure.

Both. Put some on the mouth, and then when it shrivels up, cover the rest of it. Cover all the flesh if possible. It's the only way to be sure.
This all needs to be done under the water ?

You could take it out and do it. I do this under water, and use a syringe, less the tip, to administer it (all flow off of course).

You could take it out and do it. I do this under water, and use a syringe, less the tip, to administer it (all flow off of course).

I just watched a few videos they mention covering the mouth with glue ?
That's not regular super glue though ?

Covering the mouth is not enough. This is why they say to not squash them or cut them because they will spread. If you just kill off part of it, it will spread.

Covering the mouth is not enough. This is why they say to not squash them or cut them because they will spread. If you just kill off part of it, it will spread.

I made some kalk paste and covered the area where they were .
The one in the zoas were actually between 2 rocks so the other half is what got the paste .
After I looked I think I might have missed one or 2 but I'll wait to see is anymore come out

Back
Top Bottom