Please ID....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyF

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

Can some please ID what looks like a plant? It's starting to grow on other rocks too. Not sure if I should be getting rid of it? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-2473801286.jpg
    image-2473801286.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 81
Are you talking about the stringy green strands in between the aipastias? If so looks like algae to me and might be bryosis(sp?) which is a devil to get rid of if it grabs a good hold of your tank. I would also do something about those aipastia anemones, they also will spread like wildfire if given the chance. DO NOT cut or rip them off though, they will spread even faster that way. I use aipastia X and inject the solution into the mouth and totally cover it til its gone. Turn off the water flow too if you decide to nuke them. :)

Here is a great link that can help you identify the algae if thats what it is.

Nuisance Algae ID Guide

Hope that helps

Are you talking about the stringy green strands in between the aipastias? If so looks like algae to me and might be bryosis(sp?) which is a devil to get rid of if it grabs a good hold of your tank. I would also do something about those aipastia anemones, they also will spread like wildfire if given the chance. DO NOT cut or rip them off though, they will spread even faster that way. I use aipastia X and inject the solution into the mouth and totally cover it til its gone. Turn off the water flow too if you decide to nuke them. :)

Here is a great link that can help you identify the algae if thats what it is.

http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60

Hope that helps

Are you talking about the stringy green strands in between the aipastias? If so looks like algae to me and might be bryosis(sp?) which is a devil to get rid of if it grabs a good hold of your tank. I would also do something about those aipastia anemones, they also will spread like wildfire if given the chance. DO NOT cut or rip them off though, they will spread even faster that way. I use aipastia X and inject the solution into the mouth and totally cover it til its gone. Turn off the water flow too if you decide to nuke them. :) Here is a great link that can help you identify the algae if thats what it is. http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60 Hope that helps

Hi Carey

Thanks..... I was talking about the cactus like plant. I think it is Halimeda incrassata. I'm not sure if it's right but I'll keep on looking and find out if it's worth keeping. Yeah slowly getting through the aiptasia. I've been injecting them with lemon juice. Works great.

Thanks for the link. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom